Thursday, March 19, 2009

The "Other Woman"


Thanks for being a stereotypical musician that is so into himself he forgets to be human. Thanks for staring at me the entire time you sang during your show, giving me the nerve to talk to you. Thanks for asking me out, then later saying it might not be a good idea because you had a girlfriend. Thanks for going back to asking me out "only as friends," then jumping on me the first chance you got. Thanks for making me drop you off a mile from your house the next morning so you wouldn't get caught. Thanks for giving me all your drink tickets at your next show, then getting mad at me for being drunk and talking to you in front of your girlfriend. Thanks for having your album's poster all over the fucking city that summer, so I couldn't forget about what had happened if I tried. But most of all, thanks for teaching me never to be the "other woman" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment